Monday 29 May 2017

29 May 2017, Old Lake (Willinghurst)

Well it was back to Willinghurst today and my famous 'left hand, right foot' combination continued its superb run at the drawbag (Twin Oaks 16 last time out don’t forget) as out popped Old Lake 13, an end/corner peg with great recent form. (In fact this was the peg that my Guildford Bait-Tech teammate Pete Franklin won the open match from last Sunday with a whopping 181lb – no pressure then!)
  
Another day, another flyer!!!
  
  
  
Despite seeing lots of fish moving before the start, somehow after three and a half extremely tortuous hours I only had two carp, one rudd and one skimmer (for no more than 10lb) in the net and steam was coming out of my ears as my brain went into over-drive trying to come-up with some decent excuses as to why I'd ruined yet another flyer!!!
  
Nice new platforms!
  
Luckily a few fish belatedly returned towards the end and by pinging 6mm pellets onto the top of the shallow bar (which was well within pole range at just over 13m) and by dumping big pots of mushy and 7mm meat at 16m into the corner to my left I was eventually able to get amongst a few decent carp – though surprisingly I’d say that only 20% came from the corner with 80% coming from the shallow bar.
  
Two envelopes today!
  
In the end and I managed to put 116-15-0 on the scales, a pretty good score but miles behind two other anglers on my lake as Paul Gibson (151-9-0) and Claire ‘Bagger’ Hollis (117-9-0) both smashed 'em on the pellet waggler from pegs 9 and 26 respectively!!! As a result I was third on lake and fifth overall, with Andrew Quarmby winning from Top Lake 22 with 208lb and Dave Guntrip finishing third from Top 19 with 132lb.
  
Until next time …
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment