Thursday 18 May 2017

18 May 2017, Pollawyn (White Acres)

Guru festival day 4 today and after three rather indifferent performances a flyer and a confidence boost were definitely the order of the day, especially as having already fished for nine out of the last eleven days was really starting to take its toll!
  
Spot the banana!
  
  
  
My dip into the bag of dreams saw Pollawyn 15 become my allocated home for the day – unusually me for this is actually a peg on the infamous High Bank and nice one too as it offers access to the left-hand end/point of the central island and has a bit of extra room (when compared to the pegs to the right where every peg is included for 10-12 pegs) as number 14 isn’t included in the major festivals.
  
A nice day for it
  
Before the start I could see a few fish cruising through my swim, but in fairness there seemed to be lots more to my left in front of pegs 12 and 13! As Pollawyn has been somewhat ‘moody’ of late I wasn’t sure what was going to happen so I was relieved to get one on the waggler inside the first 5 minutes, then when no further signs appeared in the next 10 minutes a switch to the hybrid feeder to the island got me a nice F1 – happy days!
  
Pollawyn festival pegging
  
Soon after that F1 hit the net Dan White (on peg 16 to my right) landed two decent carp on the long pole shallow so I quickly followed suit – it was hardly solid but over the next few hours I managed a total of five carp on the pole, four by flicking my long line swinger rig into the area I’d been pinging 6mm pellets, the other by flicking my rig at a nice big fish that cruised by just under the surface. I also managed to nick another carp by dropping my hybrid feeder over the area I’d been feeding for the pole shallow and one final carp (one of the new stocking) by casting the same hybrid feeder to the point of the island.
  
The view to the left
  
In the end my bag went 47-0-0, enough for second in section (8 points) behind Carl Williams (peg 23, 68-11-0) but satisfyingly ahead of Dan White’s 41-0-0 – as Dan finished in the top 3 in last week’s Milo festival I’m considering that to be a nice scalp!!!
  
Until next time ...
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment