Friday 12 May 2017

12 May 2017, Porth Reservoir (White Acres)

Well it was the fifth and final day of the 2017 Milo festival today – having been drawn into section ‘E’ that meant a visit to the might Porth Reservoir.  This is not necessarily the ideal place to be on a wet and windy day, and trust me it was wet and windy – even by Cornish standards!!!
  
What could possibly go wrong?
  
  
  
My draw put me on peg 83 – this didn’t mean much to me other than knowing that it meant that my kit would be arriving by boat and I’d have rather a long walk to get to my swim!!!
  
Nathan Fox next door on 84
  
My pre-match plan was to ignore the long-range feeder line (something that I have very little confidence in) and focus on a combination of a short-range (20m) cage feeder with a long tail and the pole at 13m.
  
As it happened I never had a bite on the pole (a super-strong wind blasting from right to left meaning that for the majority of the match I couldn’t hold it properly probably had something to do with it), so all of my fish today fell to the cage feeder with a single red maggot being the best hookbait.
  
Catch of the day!!!
  
In the end my catch of small skimmers and roach only weighed 1-7-0, only enough to beat two in the section meaning I ended-up seventh with a meagre 3 points. (Well done to Nathan Fox next door who fished a great match catching three nice bream on the long-range pellet feeder to go with some skimmers caught on his short-range cage feeder.)
  
As a result I ended the festival with a mildly disappointing 22 points (dropping 3), putting me ninety-sixth out of 180, so not even in the top half – oh well not to worry as the fun and games start again on Monday with the 2017 Guru festival!!!
  
Until next time ...
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment