Tuesday 15 May 2018

15 May 2018, Bolingey (White Acres)

White Acres, Guru festival day two today and with the weather being much colder than of late I was rather surprised to drop in on Bolingey peg 1 to find spawning carp doing their stuff along the long margin to the right! Having said that I got off to a flying start and after half an hour I already had 30lb on the clicker (5 nice fish on the short pole with meat) - unfortunately the next three and a half hours where very frustrating as virtually every bite I managed to induce led to a lost fish with very little going in the net!
   
A nice end peg for a change
   
With spawning activities complete I was eventually able to fish the long margin to the right in the final hour, a further 40lb going in the net as a result. This gave me a total of 79-11-0 which only beat two - as ever things were tight and just 30lb more would’ve put me second in section, so those lost fish and that terrible middle part of the match really cost me as there is no margin for error in these festivals.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment