Monday 3 September 2012

02 September 2012, Richardson's Lake (Marsh Farm)

Second match in a row on Richardson's Lake at Marsh Farm, and I found myself just along from where I was last time (peg 33) as I was on peg 29 today.

Lines fished today

Essentially I swapped between 2 feeder lines tight into the far bank trees and 2 top kit plus 4 pole lines (pellet only to the left, groundbait to the right).

Unlike last week only about 20% of my catch was on the pole, and the majority of fish caught on the pole were 2-4 ounce skimmers with just three bigger fish (one tench, one crucian and one better skimmer).

Pellet feeders and white pop-ups

Far and away the best approach today was the pellet feeder with a white 8mm pop-up (pinned down by 2 number 8 stotz an inch from the hook). The morning was sporadic, but a switch to casting to the right (from my initial swim straight in front) saw a golden spell that put numerous tench in the net between 1400 and 1500. (It never ceases to amaze me how casting the same feeder rig into a slightly different spot on a far bank can mean the difference between no bites and a fish a chuck.)

In the end my 29-8-0 was good enough for 4th (out of 30) - 36lb was top, with 2 other 30lb weights filling the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment