Sunday 5 August 2012

05 August 2012, Harris Lake (Marsh Farm)

After our annual away day to Monk Lakes last week it was back to my home venue of Marsh Farm for another Godalming AS club match, and I found myself on Harris Lake peg 29 - this is one of the widest on the lake and as a result it is a nice feeder peg for chucking to the overhanging foliage that surrounds one of the central islands.

The key to today's match was working out the best approach on the tip (I didn't even set-up the pole today as I don't see it being a match winning tactic on this lake at this time of year) - in the end this turned-out to be the method feeder (not the pellet feeder) with pellets (not groundbait), though I did catch one fish on the pellet feeder and one on the method with groundbait! Best hookbait was a white 8mm pop-up, though at one stage I did have a run of fish on a hard 6mm pellet! (As you can tell I'm trying to be scientific here but unfortunately fishing is not an exact science!)

In the end my 10 tench and 4 crucians weighed 28-3-0, which was well clear of the chasing pack (16lb was the next best weight) and enough for a satisfying victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment