Saturday 26 May 2018

26 May 2018, Middle Lake (Gold Valley)

Well it was back to Gold Valley today for the charity fundraiser for the England ladies team - I think that over £2k was raised so well done to all involved, especially Sam Sim and the team at Gold. With 104 taking part the pegging was always going to be tight, and with Middle Lake our of sorts, like most I was hoping for a bit of room on a big fish lake so of course I drew 70 on Middle!
   
Roll-up, roll-up!
   
With half of the match gone I was convinced I was going to blank, so to end with 2 perch and the 5 smallest F1s in the lake for 3-6-0 was actually a relief! (In the end it was the wind the really impacted the weights, personally I struggled to hold 5m of pole so getting out to the required 14.5/16m was impossible.) Anyway it was a nice day out and we won a bottle of wine in the raffle so can’t complain!!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment