Saturday 12 May 2018

12 May 2018, Campbell Lake (Viaduct Fishery)

Viaduct today for the Golden Reel qualifier and with 83 on it a good draw was the order of the day, so 123 on Campbell seemed pretty decent! I spent the first hour on the long pole shallow without a bite, so by noon I’d committed myself to fishing at 13m along the margin to the left to give myself any chance of qualifying or to even win a section that included the likes of Andy Power.
 
Pre-match excitement
 
Well it wasn’t to be and come 4 o’clock I was tipping back two carp and three skimmers for a big fat DNW! In fairness the lake has fished hard (post-spawning, mid-spawning, pre-spawning no doubt), with sections being won with forty and fifty pounds! Anyway well done to Paul Morris who I watched all day bashing-out 180lb from 121 (or more precisely from in front of empty platform 120) to easily win the match.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment