Thursday 17 May 2018

17 May 2018, Trewaters (White Acres)

White Acres, Guru festival day 4 today. Finding myself on another non-flyer in the form of Trewaters 23 and with the wind blasting into 25/27 I settled on a positive pre-match plan involving catching 20lb an hour for the first 4 hours by pinging pellets to the island and fishing a mini hybrid feeder over the top then winning the match by catching 40lb down the edge in the final hour. As things turned-out I had just 6 small fish for 15lb at 15:30 so I was down the edge earlier than expected!
 
There's that bucket again!
 
By 4 o’clock I actually thought I could get back in the race as I’d landed 4 fish for 30lb in half an hour, but the wheels came off in that last hour as I never had a bite on either the pole or feeder!!! As a result I ended-up with 46lb, only beating the person that didn’t turn-up and one other. So was the plan flawed? I should’ve swapped to the long pole after an hour but ultimately it was that last hour that cost me as another 4 or 5 for 30lb would’ve got me second in section ...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment