Monday 19 May 2014

19 May 2014, Trewaters (White Acres)

Gutted!!! That's the only word for it - absolutely gutted!!! So why am I gutted? Well my 45-4-0 was beaten by a 45-6-0, a 46-14-0 and a 47-6-0 - just one more carp and I would have gone from fourth in section to a section and lake win!!!
   
Everybody was excited for the day 1 draw

Today was the first day of the four day 2014 Garbolino Spring Classic festival at White Acres, with 72 keen anglers split into four sections of 18, with the fishing spread across Trewaters (both lakes) and Twin Oaks (both lakes).
  
Day 1 saw me on the bottom lake at Trewaters
  


My first dip into the bag of dreams for the week saw peg 45 (on the bottom lake at Trewaters) bubble to the surface, and ultimately the tight pegging (every peg on each of the four lakes is being used very day this week) and the oppressive weather made the fishing tough. The central island has become very overgrown, but luckily I had a clear spot to cast to and all my fish today fell to a 6mm pellet and a 20g small Preston Innovations pellet feeder. I started on a size 16 QM1 to an 0.19 hooklength but after getting cut-off by two carp (mistakes that cost me the match) I stepped-up to 0.22.
   
The view to the right
   
As noted at the very top of this blog entry my day ended in disappointment, my 45lb plus (which I felt was a decent weight on the day), leaving me with a poor fourth in section - I don't think Bagger has ever seen me so upset over a fishing match and I didn't say a word in the car on the way back to the lodge!

Top 10 after day 1:
  1. Mark Pollard, 9 points, 104-10-0
  2. Harry Billing, 9 points, 89-15-0
  3. Danny Edwards, 9 points, 73-5-0
  4. Paul Carnwell, 9 points, 58-7-0
  5. Bradley Hancock, 9 points, 49-13-0
  6. Matthew Chapman, 9 points, 47-6-0
  7. Scott Smith, 9 points, 43-2-0
  8. Simon Gould, 9 points, 41-4-0
  9. Jon Cook, 8 points, 98-7-0
  10. Mal Runacres, 8 points, 62-0-0

As this is a four day festival there is no concept of dropping your worst result, so I now have a mountain to climb (I'm currently 26th out of 72) and I'll be looking for better luck on the low numbered Twin Oaks tomorrow!
     
Until next time ...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment