Friday 20 April 2018

20 April 2018, Long Lake (Reepham Fishery)

Day one of the 2018 Reepham spring festival – having been allocated C section I knew that Long Lake would be my home for the day, with Bungalow and Main Lakes to come on Saturday and Sunday.
   
Pre-festival briefing
   
My draw put me on peg 43, an interesting swim with a little bit of open water in front, a point of a spit to the right at 13m and a nice-looking margin to the left. For company I had Mick Warner directly opposite – even though Mick was only about 20m away his swim was virtually at right-angles to mine so there wasn’t too much of an overlap.
   
All the gear ...
   
Given the amazing weather there were lots of big fish cruising about and I managed to mug 14 or 15, losing just the one on some tree roots to my right. The line to the spit didn’t produce a bite, but the margin line to the left produced 3 fish on bunches of dead red maggots over groundbait (1 part Special G, 2 parts Bait-Tech Karma).
   
Nice margin to the left
   
In the end my 84-4-0 gave me a perfect start with a section and lake win, just ahead of Steve Johnson (79-3-0) and Marcus Leek (77-12-0).
   

No comments:

Post a Comment