Monday 2 April 2018

02 April 2018, Middle Lake (Gold Valley)

Following Saturday’s success it was back to Gold Valley yet again today, this time for the open match on the Middle Lake – once again there was a separate match on Syndicate Lake, such is the popularity of the place at the moment! My run of good form at the draw continued, my home for the day being peg 99, a nice swim that is in amongst where the old islands used to be and one featuring a floating island.
  
All the gear ...
  
I had hoped to catch on the shallow bar to my right but it seems that I may have drawn the peg a month or two early as the majority of my 32 fish fell to a mini hybrid feeder – the bites were savage with the line either going completely slack or the rod doubling over! These fish weighed a total of 38-4-0, good enough for third place on the day and another pick-up.
   
Nice!

Well done to Guildford Bait-Tech teammate Dan Carey on the win and to another Guildford Bait-Tech teammate in the form of John Light on coming second!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment