Thursday 29 September 2016

29 September 2016, Twin Oaks (White Acres)

Right lake, nearly the right peg!!! Though it did only score 2 points yesterday ...
  
Peg 12 it is
  
Twin Oaks peg 12 today. Had a mid-match meltdown and never had a fish between 14:30 and 16:00 as I was chasing shadows trying to catch the carp I could see swirling and tailing-up over my secret deep margin line at the bottom of the marginal shelf!!!
  
Looking left
  
Other than that the first part of the match was OK as I managed a few on the hybrid feeder and the latter part of the match was OK once I started fishing the proper (tight to the bank) margin and the 5m line.
  
All the gear ...
  
I was never going to compete with pegs 16 and 18 (and the awesome Roy Penkethmen who caught 120lb from peg 8) but was disappointed that my 67lb was just four pounds behind peg 10 and five pounds behind the mighty Paul Holland on peg 4, that wasted 90 minutes really costing me!!!
 
4 points only I'm afraid, Porth Reservoir tomorrow ...
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment