Sunday 28 January 2018

28 January 2018, Gold Lake (Gold Valley)

After two section wins in a row it was back down to earth in today's Rushmoor league at Gold Valley - unfortunately I could only muster a fifth in section (3 points) but as my Guildford Bait-Tech team only won on the day by a single point then I guess every point was vital!!! (A very strong Daiwa Dorking team featuring the likes of Will Raison, Callum Dicks, Tommy Hiller, Mark Goddard and Zac Brown were second.)   

Some moody weather today
   
My home for the day was Gold Lake 41, a peg on the causeway bank just down from the random island on this side of the lake. I actually managed five fish from five pulls on the standard hybrid feeder and wafter combination - unfortunately they were all from skimmers so my final score (10-4-0) was unfortunately behind those around me (Anthony Thomas, Shaun Silvester and Paul Garrett) who had less fish but returned at least one decent carp.
  
Skimmer time!
  
Well done to team mates John Light, Giovanni Barbato and Luke Sheriff on scoring section wins and to Daniel Carey, Ian Dixon and Martin Johnson in coming second in section - roll-on round #5 this coming Sunday!!!
  
Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment