Sunday 9 December 2012

09 December 2012, Richardson's Lake (Marsh Farm)

Another shocker at Marsh Farm - a great spring/summer venue when the tench and crucians are active, but poor in the winter, especially when the water was as clear as today!



Peg 48, Richardson's Lake at Marsh Farm

I drew peg 48 on Richardson's Lake today - unfortunately this is a poor area as it is the shallowest part of the lake at only about 3 feet deep.

Gear used in the PVA bag rig

I started on the tip - first cast with double maggot on the bomb for 30 minutes, second cast with a 6mm hard pellet on a hair-rigged band with a PVA bag of 4mm pellets for 90 minutes.

Please go 'round! (It didn't.)

After not even having the slightest liner during these 2 hours I was 99% certain I was going to blank but carried-on regardless as nobody else in the section had caught by this point.

Pole floats used today

So I tried the pole with a 4mm expander over micros on the normally productive top kit plus 4 line, and another pole line with pinkie over Sensas Canal Black groundbait at 13m - all to no avail! By this time (1400) it was starting to get really cold again so I packed the pole away and spent the last hour on the tip again whilst I packed-up my kit in order to make a quick getaway into the tackle shop for a coffee and a warm-up at 1500.

In the end six of us in the section blanked - the 2 that caught weighed 0-1-0 each and shared the spoils of victory between them.

Yours truly modelling the autumn/winter 2012 collection!

So that's two blanks in a row for me - roll-on spring I say!

1 comment: