Friday 13 October 2017

13 October 2017, Porth Reservoir (White Acres)

Preston Innovations day 5. Obviously I'm writing this after the fact so I now know that a section win would've seen me finish 8th overall and I only needed to score 6 points today to get into the £25k final. As it was I could only muster 4 points from Porth 78 (the peg that Andy Power came last in section from yesterday), a combination of pike and not really knowing what I was doing (mainly the latter) seeing me return a poor 3lb something.
  
The mighty Porth Reservoir
  
In reality I was never going to do any good from Porth (in my previous three visits I've scored 1, 3 and 3 points), so scoring just 3 points from Bolingey on Monday has turned-out to be fatal. Regardless, managing 2 lake seconds and a section win in three days is more than I could ever have hoped for, and I'll be dining-out on beating Andy Bennett at Trewaters for years to come!!! In the end I finished with 29 points dropping 3 for 46th overall, ahead of the likes of Alan Scotthorne, Neil McKinnon, Jamie Wilde, James Dent, Harry Billing and Darren Cox to name just a few ...
   
There's that seatbox again!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment