Sunday 22 October 2017

22 October 2017, Gold Lake (Gold Valley)

Something of a match to forget really!!! I had hoped for a nice draw on the near bank of Syndicate but ended-up on Gold Lake – which I didn’t even know was included today! The plan of attack was to batter the 25m line with big pellets and bag-up on the bomb or waggler, but as it happened the wind scuppered this plan as the pellets were going everywhere and fishing the waggler was simply impossible. All three bites came on a 32g medium hybrid feeder (which is actually quite big) cast to the central rope (I had to set-up the 12’ feeder rod to get there) fished with a cut-down orange wafter. No liners, just pulls out of the blue.
  
Unfortunately that island wasn't in my peg
  
As it happened I seemed to have suffered yet another bad draw as Stefan Gent to my right only weighed 10lb and Darren Millis to his right only caught 3 skimmers. I was battered by Luke Gasson on 49, but he could cast to the island so had a nice feature to focus on. Further to Luke’s left the middle of the lake fished really well with 3 one hundred plus pound weights.
  
My personal net minder

No comments:

Post a Comment