Sunday 16 April 2017

16 April 2017, Old Lake (Willinghurst)

Being a four day Easter weekend (something I could definitely get used to) today’s match was the first of two in a row at Willinghurst and following last week’s success on New Lake I was looking forward to another plumb draw on one of the numerous flyers!!!
  
End peg Billy again!
  
  
  
Despite drawing what can be a very good peg (26 on Old Lake) things really didn't go to plan as it seemed that all of the fish followed the wind and camped-out at the other end of the lake in the narrow section! Three nice carp in the first hour (including two in the first four casts), followed by three and a half hours without a sign, two more carp in a row followed by a biteless last two hours!!!
  
Adam Lee weighing-in
  
My 42-2-0 meant I was only 220lb behind winner Adam Lee 4 pegs to my right!!! Oh well another go tomorrow!!!
  
Until next time ...
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment