Sunday 10 December 2017

10 December 2017, Middle Lake (Gold Valley)

Talk about "from hero to zero"!!! I actually drew the same peg as last week (73 on the Middle Lake at Gold Valley) but this week everybody was supposedly on the epicentre as the ten of us were pegged 72, 73, 74, 75 and 76 with the same pegging on the far bank directly opposite. As ever the fish didn't read the script with the weights increasing in a strikingly uniform manner towards the far end with Geoff Miles winning the match with 37-8-0 from 76, a good ten pounds clear of his nearest rival (the guy on 75).
  
Not ideal fishing weather!!!
  
My match started rather slowly - after surviving heavy rain, 50mph winds and a smattering of sleet for 4 hours and 20 on the feeder without even a hint of a line bite I was eventually able to fish the pole in the last 40 minutes where I managed to winkle-out six nice new F1s for 8-8-0 and a "thanks for coming", though at least I managed to avoid the dreaded Blankety Blank cheque book and pen that was definitely on the cards!!! Well done Geoff and to my old mate Dave Carter for smashing me off the next peg with 17lb plus ...
  
Roll on summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment