Sunday 7 August 2016

07 August 2016, Top Lake (Willinghurst)

An interesting day at Willinghurst again today, my draw putting me on peg 22 on the back spit of Top Lake – this is quite a narrow peg (16m of pole will easily reach the far bank) and there is a bridge to the right that crosses the link between the back spit and the infamous Bung Hole. For immediate company I had venue experts Paul ‘Tippy’ Taylor on 25 and John Radford on 24 to my left, plus I had Paul Holland over my right shoulder on peg 2 in the Bung Hole, so I knew I had my work cut-out from the beginning!
  
Looking right with the Bung Hole behind
  
  
  
I started my match by fishing to the far bank next to the bridge – things started slowly but I eventually managed a few carp on corn and meat hookbaits, though these fish were very small (less than a pound) and one of the biggest carp was actually a tench! Just as things were slowing down Don Garnish on peg 1 had his pole dragged in by a rogue carp and led to him running backwards and forwards across the bridge like a madman before jumping into Paul Holland's peg via the back of mine! Funnily enough this didn’t seem to stop Paul from catching but I didn’t have another bite for nearly 3 hours!!! Luckily the fish returned in the final hour and I added about 30lb to my score (51-0-0), leaving me just short of John (59-0-0) and Tippy (58-8-0) but miles behind Paul Holland (120lb+).
  
Until next time ...
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment