Sunday 19 April 2015

19 April 2015, Richardson's Lake (Marsh Farm)

Following nearly ten days of great weather (warm sunshine, south-easterly breezes), today saw a dramatic change with a biting wind blowing in from the north-east – this change was to have a dramatic impact on today’s Godalming AS versus Woking DAA on Richardson’s Lake at Marsh Farm!  

All the gear …
  
  
  
My dip into the bag of dreams gave me peg 17 – out of the 39 in the bag I was one away from the one I really fancied (16), but I was nicely out of the cold wind (unlike those in front of the shop and on the back straight where it must’ve been freezing).
  
Before the all-in I set-up my usual pellet feeder rig for tight over and my standard SconeZone v8 rig for left and rights at top kit plus 4 sections on the pole.
  
On the feeder for a change!
  
The first hour and fifty minutes were biteless, then as is often the way I landed two tench in a row on the pellet feeder. The followed another blank hour before I lost a mental (possibly foul-hooked) fish, again on the pellet feeder.
  
My top kit plus 4 to the left line (fed with micros) would eventually yield 3 crucians to 4mm expanders – the top kit plus 4 line to the right (fed with 3 cups of damp but loose Old Ghost Green Alga) didn’t produce and bites but it did see nearly 3 hours of continuous fizzing!!!
  
The view to the right
  
A pretty slow day ended with one final tench on the pellet feeder with 45 minutes to go – leaving me on 11-13-0, just out of the frame (only another 2 ounces needed), but a double default section win nonetheless!!!
  
Overall top 5:
  1. John Brownley, 25-2-0
  2. Ken Russell, 19-8-0
  3. Brian Wallace, 19-6-0
  4. Mick Mahoney, 16-13-0
  5. Mark Shaw, 11-15-0
Until next time …
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment