Wednesday 15 April 2015

15 April 2015, Richardson's Lake (Marsh Farm)

Following Sunday’s victory I was convinced I was going to win again today – until I drew peg 29, right in the middle of cyanide straight that is!
  
All the gear …
  
  
  
At the end of the day the pellet feeder/pinging 6mm pellets over the top combination still did the business and yielded 9 decent fish (plus one on the pole) for a good weight (29-2-0) from a poor area.
  
Standing-up again!
  
Today also saw most fish fall to a bright Bait-Tech 6mm micro pop-up fluro jobbie hookbait, with only a couple to the usual 6mm hard pellet. (When fishing with a small pop-up on the hair I squeezed a single number 8 Stotz onto the hooklength half an inch from the hook to prevent the bait popping-up too far.)
  
2 nets please!
  
Overall top 4:
  1. Mick Hall, 49-4-0
  2. Russ Berryman, 41-1-0
  3. Trevor Haskell, 40-6-0
  4. Andy Ryan, 36-0-0
Conclusions: The big question is this – should I spend future matches at Marsh Farm on the pellet feeder only or should I persist with the pole (which I’m really struggling to get working at the moment)?
  
Until next time …
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment