Saturday 24 March 2018

24 March 2018, Middle Lake (Gold Valley)

It was back to Gold Valley again on Saturday, this time for the open match on the Middle Lake – things started badly when I drew peg 88 (the peg to the right of my least favourite peg in the world, number 87) and got worse when I arrived at the swim to find a floating concrete block moored against the platform!
      
Now you see me ...
  
The block was quickly moved by the fishery team but the process of dragging it along to peg 89 certainly didn’t do my chances of catching those finicky F1s any good!!!
      
... now you don't!
  
As expected the peg turned-out to be something of an F1 exclusion zone and all I could muster were two F1s on the maggot feeder and five skimmers (one on the maggot feeder, four on the pole) for a level 14lb – this was actually a respectable return as the guy directly opposite blanked, Mick to my right had 10lb and the corner pegs 85 and 84 to my left only produced 18 and 10 pounds respectively, tough fishing when you consider that this lake was stocked with 30,000 F1s last year!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment