Wednesday 23 August 2017

20 August 2017, Syndicate Lake (Gold Valley)

Back to Gold Valley once again today for the open match on Syndicate Lake - I was really hoping for a draw that started 11 or 12 so was a little underwhelmed to draw peg 106, an area with little form on the near bank next to the car park. Having said that the first half an hour was good with three carp for 21lb on the waggler - had I been able to maintain that catch rate I'd have won the match with 210lb, but as it happened I then went for 3 hours without a bite, only to be saved by a one eyed crucian with 90 minutes to go!
   
Syndicate Lake, peg 106
   
Even then that last part of the match was disappointing with just 3 skimmers from a 5m meat line gracing the net, so no sign of a carp in the final 4 and a half hours!!! This left me with 29-2-0 for last in section, though not last in the match as I somehow managed to beat two anglers on the far bank! Well done to Charlie Dalton on paralysing the match with 200lb+ and to the unlucky Lee Simmons on coming second from the jackpot peg 118!!!
   
Bigger side tray needed!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment