Sunday 18 November 2012

18 November 2012, River Wey (Godalming AS)

On the River Wey this week - and before you ask, yes I do own a few stick floats and traditional wagglers (as well as hundreds of method feeders and pellet wagglers)!

River Wey, Godalming

I drew a nice looking peg in the Upper Common Meadow today, and despite a fairly hard frost I actually fancied it for a few fish.

The 0.4 gram Drennan alloy stick float I used today

In fact I started-off quite well (a decent run of dace and roach on the stick float with maggot) and after 90 minutes I was starting to think that heavily stocked commercials aren't the answer - then it went completely dead and I never had another bite all match!

The view from my peg as I looked upstream

In the end I weighed 1-5-0 (which was only good enough for fourth in section) and as a tramped back to the car I couldn't help day dreaming of fishing the long pole shallow for big carp on a warm summer's day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment